Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Well, How About That?

So I just realized that I got all the way through election season without writing a word about the election. I plan on keeping it that way but I just wanted to point that out. I didn't even realize it. Maybe it would've made for some interesting posts. Maybe it wouldn't. Anyway, here are some of my thoughts about politics.

Politics are stupid. I think that global society probably wouldn't run as smoothly as it does without them, but I generally don't like the idea of having a few people making big decisions about how the world works. I blame technology. Here's my explanation:

Imagine that there was no way to travel long distances in short periods of time, or communicate with people out of range of smoke signals. Yes, smoke signals. They're the longest distance form of communication I can think of that doesn't require some kind of wire or electricity or something like that. Firstly, society would be entirely different. We probably wouldn't have electricity, and life would pretty much suck, but what we wouldn't have to deal with would be elections. It would be like the middle ages, which, now that I think about it, would suck as much if not more than the current political system sucks right now. Anyway, the idea would be that we don't have to worry about international relations and dealing with other countries because that wouldn't exist. People should deal with things on a more local basis, and we shouldn't have to worry about other people's policies if they're far away from you and don't affect you.

I demand simplicity! (And I am very glad that the election is pretty much over and done with.)

No comments: