Monday, November 3, 2008

Whether 'Tis Nobler...

To suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or just suck it up and get on with your life. I'm not sure if that was a properly formed sentence, but I don't really want to figure it out. I'm sitting in the library now drinking my three-dollar chai latte and writing a blog post for the sake of not wanting to do my other work. Is it wrong for me to not like school? I mean, I've been in school for the last thirteen and some odd years. It's a pretty long time. This post really has nothing to do with Shakespeare, and hardly anything to do with being noble. But I'm writing it anyway.

I would really like to be more interested in school. I don't mean to say that I don't love college, because it's awesome. But the school part of college is not awesome. It's pretty much like this: I would like to live on a college campus and be eternally twenty years old, but not have to take classes because it would be the best of times. It would also be the worst of times, because you wouldn't do anything but have fun and you'd go broke and die of alcohol poisoning or something along those lines, but it would be a good time while it lasts.

In other news, school sucks because I have nine o'clock class. Waking up in the morning and dragging your butt to lecture is one of the worst things you can possibly have to do at nine in the morning. So I just looked up what a.m. stands for on Wikipedia because I didn't know, and I was thinking about it for a second and the only thing that I could think of relating to time with the letters a.m. was après midi, which means "afternoon" in French, but that didn't make any sense because a.m. refers to before noon. Anyway, it stands for ante meridiem, which means "before noon" in Latin. Learn something new every day.

Anyway, I need to figure out how to get interested in school again. Some people suggest taking a break, but I don't really want to stop out because I don't know what I'd do with myself and I don't really think that working would be much of a respite from school. Some people suggest a change of pace, and I agree, but I don't really know where I'm going to get a change of pace. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I'm going to sip on my three-dollar chai latte and write on my blog.

1 comment:

Alex Rudolph said...

My recommendation would be to give yourself a little present every day, like a new shirt from the men's store or a catnap in your office.