Saturday, December 27, 2008

Stuff Like That

I don't have anything in particular to inspire this post. I just kind of feel like writing, and it's been a while since I've written anything. So here goes.

I really like pork ribs. They're amazing. They don't taste particularly good on their own, but with the proper seasoning and barbeque sauce and such, cooked for a long time, they end up being amazing. Ribs are also entertaining to eat, because there's a bone in the middle that you have to eat around. It requires skill and concentration to eat a rib efficiently. If you're not skillful, you end up with barbeque sauce on your face and rib on the bone; if you've been blessed with rib-eating talent, you can strip the bone clean in one swift stroke, leaving your face and hands free of rib residue.

Alliterated names are ridiculous. Peter Parker, Bruce Banner, Michael Madsen and Tony the Tiger come to mind. I don't know why they're so funny, but I can't seem to take them seriously. Sometimes they're fun to say, but that shouldn't give parents a reason to give their children a name fit for a dime novel character.

I love snickerdoodles. Snickerdoodles are amazing cookies. They're light and airy, and sugary and buttery, and cinnamon-y and delicious. The cinnamon sugar on the outside is the best part. Especially when all the cinnamon and sugar gets pushed towards the edges when the cookie expands when you're baking it. Yum.

Things come in sets of three too often. I believe that there should be more sets of other numbers. It could be the Father, Son and Holy Ghost and Ricardo the Luchador. Or lions, tigers, bears, llamas and killer whales--Oh my! Fork, knife, spoon and cowbell. Think about it.

"Easy as pie" is a terrible saying. Pie is not easy. It is delicious. There is no greater good than pie, as far as I'm concerned. However, it is not easy. The crust must be just right, and to achieve the proper flakiness and crispness and sweetness and amazingness and deliciousness and awesomeness and pieness, much effort and care is required. That doesn't even begin to describe the arduous process of making the filling. My proposed amendment to this statement would be, "Easy as sitting." Sitting is pretty easy. I don't think I know anyone who has a hard time sitting.

I've got some statements that I'm gonna throw out there that I don't really want to elaborate on, but want to write down. Humans are ridiculously strange animals. Feet are weird looking. Old cars are way cooler looking that new cars. Humans need to develop the ability to levitate. Evolution happens too slowly. People are generally too conservative. Fear paralyzes the world. Mustard is an ugly color. There is a lot of stuff in the world. Infinity is frustrating. So is finity (that's the opposite of infinity).

Poop is funny.

No comments: